Am I the only one w/o interviews??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AF1892

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey All,

All my apps were completed late-November, and I still haven't gotten any interview invites. It's pretty late in the process, and I'm starting to worry. Am I the only one?

How late do you guys think med schools will interview this year? I would really hate interviewing for wait-list spots......

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, You are definitely not alone. What is up w/ everything this year, sheesh? :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh, sorry, I forgot to answer your question. Many of the schools that said my applications were complete said that they would be interviewing through April, so I still have hope. Good Luck! ;)

I also do not have an interview yet... My apps were complete mid-November/early-December. I'm getting a bit anxious.

Hey guys just hang in there for another couple of weeks. Stuff will start moving as soon as the christmas turkey makes it's way through the alimentary canal of admissions folks.

Originally posted by brandonite:
•I also do not have an interview yet... My apps were complete mid-November/early-December. I'm getting a bit anxious.•••

Hey Brando,

Hang in there. You'll do great. Trust me when I say most of the schools are yet to look at your apps. They're just settling in from the hollidays and will speed things up very soon. As soon as they get a chance to review your apps, you'll have to start declining interviews. Also your astronomy research is a plus over the more conventional biomedical research. Tie that stuff into the whole imaging (MRI, PET, Confocal) excitement, and your interviewers will be intrigued.

By the end of this month or latest by early Feb (which is still very early in the Year of the AMCAS; interesting times indeed) you'll have a nice pile of invites.

Easier said than done; but hang in there buddy.

yo peeps

i completed some stuff really early, and then i had other schools where i completed in late november.

i just heard today from one of the schools i completed late november, so don't worry. interview invites should be coming soon.

I wasn't verified until mid November, but that doesn't make me feel any better anymore. I'm pretty freaked out. I've called some schools about my file and sounds like they haven't even come close to touching mine yet. This is the absolute craps. Sorry to bring anyone down, but I've only got my MCAT to be jazzed about. My GPA is poop. Did I forget to mention I'm not happy about how this is proceeding?

You're definitely not the only one. I've only JUST RECENTLY completed my applications everywhere. It's going to be a long time before I hear anything good, if anything. Hang in there, you're not alone.

All of my interviews were in March or April and I think the invites came in February (it was 4 years ago so I might be off a little bit). Now I'm a fourth year med student! Our school actually called people who they had not offered interviews back in June and had them interview in July because they had worked their way through the wait list. Of these people, I know of 4 that got in (2 are my good friend, including one who got in on the first day of orientation when someone didn't show up). So, there's always some hope! Good luck!

Thanks for postin' Whisker. Your story is encouraging. :)

Oh, yeah and you're gonna get in Brandonite. Schools would have to be nuts not to take you (i.e. your stats.) ;)

Originally posted by Original:
•Hey Brando,

Hang in there. You'll do great. Trust me when I say most of the schools are yet to look at your apps. They're just settling in from the hollidays and will speed things up very soon. As soon as they get a chance to review your apps, you'll have to start declining interviews. Also your astronomy research is a plus over the more conventional biomedical research. Tie that stuff into the whole imaging (MRI, PET, Confocal) excitement, and your interviewers will be intrigued.

By the end of this month or latest by early Feb (which is still very early in the Year of the AMCAS; interesting times indeed) you'll have a nice pile of invites.

Easier said than done; but hang in there buddy.•••

I have talked about imaging in all of my apps, and I think that's the area I'd like to do my research in. So, I think that makes me a pretty desirable applicant. I think I should get some invites soon, but ya never know. I only applied to 6 schools, which is something that I regret now.

Anyway, everybody, hang in there. Things'll start to go pretty soon now, I'll bet.

Please do not give up! I just received an interview for Mt Sinai. I just called and they said they will be interviewing till end of April!!!!!!!!

AND THEY ARE ROLLING ADMISSIONS! THis means they are nowhere near to filling their class.

I think I should start a tread that says, When does the interviewing season end?

What do you guys think? We can post what we know so far about our schools.

I think Mt Sinai is quite behind schedule this year like other schools. I've seem to be stuck on the last 2/3 of the application pile.

I don't have any interviews either and I am getting more and more discouraged with each passing day!

I'm on that crappy roller coaster of being confident, hopeful, discouraged, desperate...

My feelings change throughout the day, the week, the month...