Am I the only one who finds High Yield Gross Anatomy ridicilously useless?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phoenix89

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This book is a treasure chest of useless knowledge, so many ridicilous arteries and nerves I have never heard about before; so many useless details that I just cannot fathom how the USMLE could ask.

Anatomy has long been my achilles heel just because I couldnt find a proper resource. I think I'll just stick with the Kaplan Lecture notes now; I am pretty sure if I stick with HY, I am going to be forgetting all my other subjects.

Surely I cannot be the only one who feels like this?

Members don't see this ad.

This book is a treasure chest of useless knowledge, so many ridicilous arteries and nerves I have never heard about before; so many useless details that I just cannot fathom how the USMLE could ask.

Anatomy has long been my achilles heel just because I couldnt find a proper resource. I think I'll just stick with the Kaplan Lecture notes now; I am pretty sure if I stick with HY, I am going to be forgetting all my other subjects.

Anatomy's definitely the hardest subject, hands-down, to study for for the USMLE, because beyond the general 80% of the HY stuff we expect to see on the test (i.e. the stuff in FA + QBanks), the remainder is such a random toss-up. Two people on SDN in the past couple months, both who scored >270 on the real deal, have PMed me about doing GT anatomy, claiming it was clutch. The GT flashcards unfortunately give me ADD, but I've looked a little at their anatomy, which seems to be better than trying to go through USMLE Roadmap or BRS Anatomy (which both are a bit excessive).

a combo of first aid, kaplan me, uworld, and kaplan qbank are more than enough. what also really helped me was underground clinical vigenettes for anatomy tremendously. a short, yet very high yield book for anatomy