Am I the only one who hasn't really focused on Molecular bio?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

realruby2000

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm seeing that a lot of folks are getting a bunch of molec bio questions on their test. I really never heard people include this as one of their "core" subjects like path and pharm while studying for boards. I have like 10 days till the exam... and i suck in molecular bio (my qbank avg in that subject is in the 40s). im freaked. what now?

Members don't see this ad.

if you're concerned about it...you might want to, as has already been suggested, pick up a copy of hy cell and mol bio. i was a bit shaky in mo bio so that's what i did, and in one sitting it cleared everything up for me. i haven't taken the exam yet so i don't know whether it truly lives up to its publisher's name "high-yield" but it's straightforward and seems fairly comprehensive for a book that's 100pgs (most of which are half blank due to diagram sizing and placement). it also covers most topics that i've seen ppl post about in regards to mo bio on the exam...

hope that helps.

Nope, you're not the only one :) . I started reading posts on the molecular bio trend a few days ago - which was too late for me to read a new resource. I agree that you should go over it briefly, as gisnap said, with 10 days left. I have 3 HOURS left until the test!! :idea:

Just about everyone who takes the step has a bunch of questions on molecular bio. This topic's really important nowadays and will probably get a larger percentage of questions as time goes on. Neglecting to study for this is like neglecting to study all the anatomies. Find any kind of resource and spend a day or two going over the important stuff. First Aid, BRS Biochem, etc... just about anything will work

Members don't see this ad :)
i dont think there really is any molec bio in first aid. the biochem section just barely scratches the surface

realruby2000 said:
i dont think there really is any molec bio in first aid. the biochem section just barely scratches the surface

There's actually a reasonable amount of mol. bio in the first pages of the First Aid Biochem section, it just misses a lot of stuff. I used BRS Biochem (great chapter on mol. bio) and First Aid and was pretty well covered