Am I the only one who....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctaJay

bone breaker
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one who learned about Asperger's disorder first on Grey's Anatomy 2 weeks ago before I learned it in class? I was reading my psychopathology notes yesterday, and they were talking about Aspergers; immediately I pictured that cardiovascular surgeon in my mind from GA. Who says that TV can't be educational.

Okay, okay, back to the books.

Members don't see this ad.

Had someone I knew in college who has Asperger's. He had a difficult time socializing. I felt bad for him.

Had someone I knew in college who has Asperger's. He had a difficult time socializing. I felt bad for him.

A High School buddy was "diagnosed" by a MFT with Asperger's; but I can't feel sorry for him. He's a PhD in EE and leading some really interesting projects at NASA.

He's socially different, but kind, caring, and ridiculously intelligent. I love consulting with him on medical topics because he (with no medical training) shoots holes in my conceptions and often leads me to some powerful conclusions.

Members don't see this ad :)
I learned about it a while back. I also watched that episode and then had Asbergers in psychiatry right after. :)

But I think my neighbor (that doesn't live by me anymore) had/has it. I haven't seen him in at least 6 years though. He was really intelligent but odd, quirky, and withdrawn. Definitely more intelligent than normal for his age. I think he's off in Europe now studying biochem or something like that.

I knew people in high school who were diagnosed with it so I've known about it for quite some time.

So yes, you are the only one.