SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

am i the only one

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by realruby2000, Jul 25, 2001.

1. realruby2000

realruby2000 Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jun 25, 2001
    Am I the only one who hasnt submitted the amcas yet? or are there any more of you out there? If so, are we screwed for being so late??

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Amy B

Amy B I miss my son so much Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Aug 7, 2000
    Virginia
    My pre-med advisor said he wants all of us at this university to have submitted no later than August 10th. I would think you are fine. But the sooner the better. :cool:

4. serpiente

serpiente Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jun 28, 2001
    I am so glad to know that I am not alone! All this talk about people turning in secoondaries is making me really nervous. I'm going to turn it in soon. I hope it's not too much of a setback. This year everything is so screwed up anyway, so I'm not sure if it's going to be a huge setback. I have a friend that turned AMCAS in in Sept of last year and he got into a bunch of schools. His stats were very very good though.

5. justin_od

justin_od Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Apr 25, 2001
    me too........i read all the posts saying secondaries are being sent out and i am $hitting in my pants......

6. Dylann FMD

Dylann FMD Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jul 9, 2001
    Wisconsin
    Honestly guys, I really don't think you are at that big of a disadvantage not submitting yet. I think there is a big difference between the premed-ers at this forum and all premed-ers. Of all the people I know, I am the only one who has submitted so far. And secondaries--I have yet to ask anyone to write a letter of rec, so I am not even getting started with those yet! I wouldn't be too worried, particularly not these year. Who knows, the AMCAS stuff might give a selective advantage to procrastinators!