Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Am I the only person that thinks RUSH is a great school

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Alex05, Nov 21, 2005.

1. Alex05

Alex05 Member
    10+ Year Member

When I first filled out my AMCAS application, I remember thinking RUSH would is one of the greatest schools because I know a doctor that went there. However, as I started to do a little research, I started to find out that people on SDN seem to think of it as a backup school. I was extremely excited about the getting an interview, because I thought this was a highly ranked school, but know I wonder if I should even go, since I have already gone to RFU. Thanks in advance for any input.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. medicomel

medicomel Purveyor of short posts.
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    whoa, hold on there! if you have to rank one over the other, then i would say Rush is a better school than RFU. you would be in the city, rather than North Chicago, and you wouldn't have to run all over the place for clinical rotations. go to your interview! i shadowed a doctor there, and students voluntarily came up to me and told me how happy they were.

4. 45408

45408 aw buddy
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    who cares what SDN says? if you love the school, then yes, you should go to your interview!

5. chef_NU

chef_NU G-Unit
    5+ Year Member

Plus a lot of the residents and nursing students there are hot. It's nice to wake up in the morning and be surrounded by (mostly) beautiful women.

6. Alex05

Alex05 Member
    10+ Year Member

Thanks for the responses guys. SDN just drives me crazy sometimes. I really need to take a break from it.

7. bubbleyum

bubbleyum Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

any school that accepts me is a good school
    :D

(not that i got accepted to rush. in fact, they haven't even given me an interview or anything yet. grrr.
    therefore, rush = bad school. but this status can change.)

8. emgirl

emgirl Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Don't base a personal decision on where to interview based on what random anonymous (occasionally crazy) people say on a website- who knows what their motives are or if they even know what they are talking about. Do what's best for you- if you like the school go to the interview!

9. riceman04

10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    tru dat!!!

Just for you prowler: True That ! ! !

10. red dot

red dot burning, burning
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    i like rush a lot. btw do you go to midway or o'hare? which is closer?

11. gdbaby

gdbaby Prettier than before
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I haven't even heard form Rush to know whether or not I love them. But I can tell you that if you go into Midway, the el will drop you off infront of the hospital complex.

12. red dot

red dot burning, burning
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    awesome. thanks! i know i had double posted this question in a different thread. but i didn't know ppl had already responded. thanks again!

13. sanford_w/o_son

sanford_w/o_son locl jnky-gota thred man?
    5+ Year Member

And at Rush, you can do rotations at Stroger (aka Cook County Hospital (aka setting for "ER")), with its awesome range of pt cases for the clinical years. I don't know what makes Rush so unrecognized on USNews . . .

For getting there, I had posted something recently you can look up. I'd expect about the same amount of time from either airport. Most cheap airlines go into Midway, and the airport itself is far more painless than O'Hare.

14. ucjames

ucjames Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
  15. nosugrefneb

nosugrefneb (benferguson)
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    As a current med student in Chicago, I can say that I both loved Rush when I visited and that it is highly, HIGHLY underrated. It is easily the third best medical school in the state behind Northwestern and UChicago, and they pride themselves on their students loving being there. Definitely don't rule it out for any reason, even getting into a "better" school.

Ben