Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Am I the only Pre-meder from Arkansas?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by dustinspeer, Oct 8, 2001.

1. dustinspeer

dustinspeer Who's your daddy?

I see all these people from the East coast and Cali, but any others near me?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. THE instiGATOR

THE instiGATOR Cow Tipper

Guess not! ;)
    I did see a post from a guy that got into KU, his state school...so, maybe you're not alone after all.

4. 1 is such a lonely number :(

5. Jamier2

Jamier2 SDN Hillbilly Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus

There's a user named Woooo, but I think he started med school this fall. His name is from the "WOOOOOOoooooooooPIG" chant from the Razorbacks.

You might search for him, if you want some Arkansas company. :)

6. snowballz

snowballz Senior Member

I have not heard from anyone in Indiana either... :(

Alicia

7. smashley

smashley Member

Hey, Dustin. I go to the University of Arkansas and have been reading posts on this board for a while. Your lonely post inspired me to register just to let you know that you aren't alone! What are you studying and when are you graduating? I'm majoring in Food Science with plans to graduate in May. What schools are you going to apply to?
    --Ashley

8. ld106588

ld106588 Member

No! You are not the only pre-med student from Arkansas. I attend Henderson State University and am in the medical school process. I took the MCAT in August and I am fearfully awaiting my scores. If you want to stay in touch email me!

LD

9. dustinspeer

Well, I am a sophomore at UCA. I took a year off after high school and did mission volunteer work (cannot wait to show that off on the app). But I am a Spanish major, doing my prereq's... I am gonna apply to UAMS of course, U of CO because I am from there (my folks live there), UKansas (maybe, San Antonio (the whole spanish thing), Washington StL (just to see if I am gonna get in), and maybe UT and Vandy... I dunno, I may just go for UAMS... who knows, that a ways off. I am trying hard to do some research, and I works nights at the big baptist in Little Rock and 2 days a week at an ophtho doc's office here in Conway. Sound busy? Oh yeah. Thats the way I like it.

By the way, if I can inspire just one SDN'er, it has been worth the while! :) Email me!

10. dustinspeer

Any thoughts on your score?

11. SMW

SMW Grand Member

Well, I'm not from Cali or the east coast. People often think I'm from Arkansas, because of my state abbreviation (AK). :D

12. dustinspeer

I guarantee your state is prettier.

13. ld106588

ld106588 Member

Dustin,

Well..I took the Kaplan this summer and most of the time I averaged about a 24...so I am thinking that I will make somewhere in that range. I know that that is not some of the great scores that people post on here most of the time, but that's about what I was making at that time. I felt that the verbal was more difficult than the Kaplan, the PS easier, and the bio about the same. Soo...I don't know. I applied to 9 schools (3 osteopathic and 9 allopathic) and I have recieved one secondary so far. Anyway...talk to you later.

LD

14. dustinspeer

Keep me informed as to how it goes! I am so worried about the MCAT but I have always been a good test taker!

15. lamyers

lamyers Senior Member

Having lived in both AK, and AR, no offense but AK is much more incredible. I always hated when people called AK Arkansas!

16. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

17. dustinspeer

So, are any of you applying to U of Arkansas for medical Sciences?