Am I too late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sharp Beam

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have Step 1 and Step 2 CS scores(80,pass), taking Step 2 in a couple of weeks, ready with my PS, waiting for LORs. What should I do to make the best of this chance for getting into a Rad Onco Residency?
I have done a Rad Onco Residency from a foreign school, moved here a few years ago.
Other than my thesis( Comparison of two different schedules of Chemoradiotherapy in Head and Neck Cancer), I don't have any published papers.
I'd greatly appreciate your comments.

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks wagy27, for your candid reply. I am already looking for a reserch position. Just recd a work permit.

My question might appear ignorant, but how do I search for research jobs in rad onco, - when I search online, nothing comes up - i tried monster too - and local hospitals....
is there a different website i should go to? or perhaps a different method ?
hope someone is still out there to answer my questions.

Sadly there is no easy way to look for research in Rad Onc. Identify an institution you would like to work in, go to their website and look at their research profiles. Email the investigators you would like to work with.