Am I Verified?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Original, Sep 17, 2001.

1. Original

Original Ogori-Magongo Warrior

I checked my application today and noticed that it said the date processed is 09/17. Is this the same thing as being verified? Is there really a God in heaven? BTW I beleive in God regardless of my AMCAS verification. :rolleyes: :D

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Original

Hey I'll answer my own question. I wasnt yet verified yesterday, but I got verified this morning; just received the verification email. To those of you who submitted in June but still havent heard squat, have no fear, your day is near. I submitted June 30. Goodluck with this damn process!

4. girl

girl Member

I have a question--- Since med schools know how awful AMCAS is, and AMCAS is sending unverified apps to med schools anyway... does it really matter whether or not any of us are verified? I mean, med schools have your AMCAS app unverified, so most will grant "conditional" acceptances pending verification, which they will receive eventually. So, are there any schools that are refusing to look at unverified apps or does it not matter whether or not we're verified?

5. Original

I know WashU and Penn are not considering unverified apps. There are probably others as well.

6. albany said screw unverified applications :D

7. SMW

SMW Grand Member

I think you were actually verified on 9/17; AMCAS says its verification e-mails are lagging behind. Hey, for once, they're right about something! ;)

8. Barin

Barin Member

Rush and SUNY Upstate do not consider unverified apps.

9. kobe8

kobe8 Member

Wayne State will not take unverified apps.

10. baylor06

baylor06 Surgeon

Mayo will not either...however, they have started mailing their form letter asking for $60 to start processing verified applications. :)

11. The Fly

The Fly Senior Member

It should be noted that although WashU doesn't accept unverified apps, they have instituted their own primary application on their website.

Of course, nobody who applied received any sort of email to this effect, though I happened to stumble on it when I was checking their website for something unrelated.

It goes without saying that it would be prudent to go ahead and complete this on their website!