Am I wasting my time using the 2011 Math Destroyer?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Charles_Darwin

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a copy of the 2015 DAT Destroyer and 2011 Math destroyer. I've finished 2015 and just started the math destroyer. The QR part of the 2015 destroyer was relatively simple, and before starting Destroyers my practice range for QR was around 18-19 (haven't taken a practice test since then).

Is it okay to use the 2011 Math destroyer for practice? Or am I wasting my time? The scope of the tests seem about the same, but I probably don't know if I'm missing something :(

Members don't see this ad.

Honestly for me, when I complete my first run of the math destroyer, I will just go back and start re-doing the tests. Even if you remember the answer because you took the test, the important thing is that you have to remember how you got that answer, so it doesn't matter how many times you see the same problem with the same numbers, as long as you know how to approach the solution (and improve your speed doing so), it doesn't matter what the answer will be.

I believe this will help because the ones I have trouble with even a second time, I would circle and make sure to review my notes or Chad's videos or even Khan Academy to strengthen that weakness.

Also, bootcamp has 5 additional practice tests for QR other than the first 5 which are a part of the full lengths.

Hope this helps.

Honestly for me, when I complete my first run of the math destroyer, I will just go back and start re-doing the tests. Even if you remember the answer because you took the test, the important thing is that you have to remember how you got that answer, so it doesn't matter how many times you see the same problem with the same numbers, as long as you know how to approach the solution (and improve your speed doing so), it doesn't matter what the answer will be.

I believe this will help because the ones I have trouble with even a second time, I would circle and make sure to review my notes or Chad's videos or even Khan Academy to strengthen that weakness.

Also, bootcamp has 5 additional practice tests for QR other than the first 5 which are a part of the full lengths.

Hope this helps.
I totally agree, I don't consider something studied unless I've reviewed it at least about thrice :) . I forgot all about the additional bootcamp qr! I'll take those after I finish math destroyer to test myself. Thanks for the reassurance :)