Am I wasting time on destroyer?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ColumbiaOrtho

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
After reading and taking notes from ferlis and AP cliffs, I realized that I was not retaining the information, so I bought the destroyer to learn by solving the problems. And of course, I did not know the answer for single question out of first 50.
So for every problem, I have been making notes not just based on the explanation but also from ap cliffs, ferlis, and google to learn the concept of the problem. For instance, if the peoblem asks about what makes identical twins to be made possible, I would make 3 pages about embryo development from the organs to gametogenesis to fertilization to cleavage and so on (also, I am kinda dumb to understand the concepts just by reading the text so I make my own visual representations of each concept, which takes extra more time). However, I realized that it was taking way too much time. I usually go through less than 10 problems each day since each problem takes from 20mins~ hours. I am currently a rising junior and thinking about taking my DAT in Feb or March so I have some time to do this kinds of thing, but I feel like I am putting way too much time on destroyer. Any advice?

1501694508063.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

That's a great tactic, however I would only do it with things you really really can't grasp. For me I really had a hard time with reproduction and some little things here and there. So I would probably do it for reproduction, but don't do it for everything otherwise you'll spend a lot of time on that. Also, yes do destroyer. I did destroyer for biology and it was great. It tests like 4 different concepts in each questions so it's also good review. Plus, I saw a couple destroyer questions on my DAT that I couldn't have answered if not for destroyer. I only did bio destroyer and it was great. I would do it twice too.

Reactions: 1 users
Destroyer is meant to be hard, but you have to go through it entirely, and many times if you can. Keep working on it, doing whatever is best for you. It will take time to cover all the questions, but if you go through it, you will definitely score very well!

Reactions: 2 users
You are taking the exam next year and you are studying already! A little overkill

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
It's a huge amount of time but if you have until February or March that isn't the issue. I would aim to structure your notes around something more organized (e.g. Cliff's) as a base and then add in material from Destroyer as you work through it. Destroyer itself isn't grouped by specific topics, so making notes using that as your base (especially by hand) is going to come out a bit disorganized.

Reactions: 1 user
After reading and taking notes from ferlis and AP cliffs, I realized that I was not retaining the information, so I bought the destroyer to learn by solving the problems. And of course, I did not know the answer for single question out of first 50.
So for every problem, I have been making notes not just based on the explanation but also from ap cliffs, ferlis, and google to learn the concept of the problem. For instance, if the peoblem asks about what makes identical twins to be made possible, I would make 3 pages about embryo development from the organs to gametogenesis to fertilization to cleavage and so on (also, I am kinda dumb to understand the concepts just by reading the text so I make my own visual representations of each concept, which takes extra more time). However, I realized that it was taking way too much time. I usually go through less than 10 problems each day since each problem takes from 20mins~ hours. I am currently a rising junior and thinking about taking my DAT in Feb or March so I have some time to do this kinds of thing, but I feel like I am putting way too much time on destroyer. Any advice?

View attachment 222056
OMG, those notes are beautiful. They remind me of my notes :) Good luck

Reactions: 1 users