AMA about Podiatric Medicine

Discussion in 'Pre-Podiatry Students' started by diabeticfootdr, May 11, 2017.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. diabeticfootdr

diabeticfootdr 10+ Year Member

I'll be hosting an Ask Me Anything with the Dean of Western next Tuesday. Here's the info on how to join.

What: Drs. Lee Rogers and Lawrence Harkless will be hosting an "ask me anything" (AMA) about podiatric education, board certification, and the future of the profession on Facebook Live from Western University of Health Sciences.

When: Tuesday, May 16 at 4 PM Pacific (7 PM Eastern)

Where: ABPM Facebook Page
    American Board of Podiatric Medicine - ABPM

Who:

Dr. Lee Rogers is a Board of Directors member of the American Board of Podiatric Medicine (ABPM). He completed a fellowship in diabetic limb salvage. He has published over 150 articles or book chapters and delivered more than 400 lectures around the world on diabetic foot complications. Dr. Rogers work has been quoted in the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, and US News and World Report.

Dr. Lawrence Harkless is the Founding Dean of the College of Podiatric Medicine at Western University of Health Sciences and board certified by the ABPM. Dr. Harkless is a national expert on podiatric medical education and the diabetic foot. He has been a leader in podiatric education at all levels; podiatric college, post-graduate residency, and continuing medical education.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. diabeticfootdr

We'll be on FB Live in 2 days, answering any questions about podiatry. Dr. Harkless recently announced his retirement, so you'll get a lifetime of perspective behind this forecast into the future of podiatry.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

bobtheweazel and dr.phoot like this.
  4. smurfeyD

smurfeyD

Jul 19, 2015
    Will there be a way to read the transcript or watch the video afterward, for those of us that are working at that time?

dr.phoot likes this.
  5. diabeticfootdr

6. dr.phoot

dr.phoot

Mar 5, 2016
    What did y'all think?

7. AttackNME

AttackNME Podiatrist 10+ Year Member

Feb 22, 2007
    Podiatrist
    That was very insightful Dr Rogers, thanks for putting this together. I was wondering if you could elaborate on the idea of "hospital podiatrist"? The closest to this would be podiatrists that primary admit and manage patients with diabetic foot infection which some are doing. Do you see this becoming more mainstream?

8. Podstar

Podstar

Mar 2, 2017
    I thought it was very insightful, Dr. Harkless echoed a lot of things he said to us at the beginning of our interview day. He definitely had me fired up and feeling passionate about the field. Even if you don't plan to attend Western I think interviewing there is worth just getting to speak with Dr. Harkless.

Dr.PatchAdams and smurfeyD like this.