Amazing Opportunity for Summer Research

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FeatherPen

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I do not mind disclosing a true gem of an opportunity to gain clinical experience, including shadowing, while getting paid $10/hr all the while.

For those in search of Summer Internships in the clinical setting...

The Dana Farber Cancer Institute, located in the heart of Boston's medical district, caters to pre-meds in search of a full-time (or part-time) summer internship position.

There are also opportunities to watch brain tumor biopsies, etc.

Since you get paid $10/hr and may work 40 hrs/wk, you can rake in approximately $3,600 over the course of 10 weeks while you shadow, help out in clinical studies, etc. This opens up the experience to any pre-med, despite geographical proximity to DFCI.

Rent will probably run you about $800-1000 per month. Although, you might be able to find a sublet or apt. share for the summer via craigslist (CAUTION: beware of Boston craigslisters). This leaves ~$1000 for food and other essentials.

I would not contact them about the summer of '10 until December or January, however.

PM me for contact details

Members don't see this ad.

Just to be sure, is this internship intended for a national audience or just in-staters? Thanks for sharing. :thumbup:

sounds interesting. your PMs are turned off.

Members don't see this ad :)
Cool, thanks for the info!

can you give more info about it? is there a specific website link for this summer internship?

I'm interested too but I can't pm you..can you give more info?