Jun 9, 2009
Status
I do not mind disclosing a true gem of an opportunity to gain clinical experience, including shadowing, while getting paid $10/hr all the while.

For those in search of Summer Internships in the clinical setting...

The Dana Farber Cancer Institute, located in the heart of Boston's medical district, caters to pre-meds in search of a full-time (or part-time) summer internship position.

There are also opportunities to watch brain tumor biopsies, etc.

Since you get paid $10/hr and may work 40 hrs/wk, you can rake in approximately $3,600 over the course of 10 weeks while you shadow, help out in clinical studies, etc. This opens up the experience to any pre-med, despite geographical proximity to DFCI.

Rent will probably run you about $800-1000 per month. Although, you might be able to find a sublet or apt. share for the summer via craigslist (CAUTION: beware of Boston craigslisters). This leaves ~$1000 for food and other essentials.

I would not contact them about the summer of '10 until December or January, however.

PM me for contact details

Jun 5, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
Just to be sure, is this internship intended for a national audience or just in-staters? Thanks for sharing. :thumbup:

Quester

10+ Year Member
Feb 1, 2009
Maryland
Status
Medical Student
can you give more info about it? is there a specific website link for this summer internship?