pharmdBR

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 27, 2007
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Anyone know where to search for ambulatory care/other types of residencies? I have been browsing ASHP's residency directory but I mostly see hospital/managed care.

bacillus1

10+ Year Member
May 27, 2008
Status
Pharmacist
I've been looking around this year. So far I found 3: 1 in Virginia (affiliated with Shenandoah) and 2 in NC (affiliated with Campbell). These sound like great residencies (I especially like 1 of the Campbell ones), but not sure if doing one of those narrows my hireability too much.

KARM12

10+ Year Member
Apr 4, 2006
East
Status
Pharmacist
Midwestern Univ - Chicago has a great amb care PGY1

Moxxie

Rained out
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2005
Temperate Rainforest
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Look at the community pharmacy residency programs affiliated with the University of Washington. Only a couple of them are associated with retail pharmacies - the other programs (there are 5 total) are all ambulatory care/clinic based.

Nov 19, 2010
Status
Pharmacist
Ya into Veterans affair (VA) they have alot of amb care and the good thing is that as long as you get your license in any state (that is you take your law exam in the state of your choice) it is considered valid cause the VA goes by federal regulations so as long as you get licensed in the state that you want to get licensed in say NY you can do a residency in like Hawaii and it still count.

Say a residency program you like is in Hawaii most likely you need to get licensed in hawaii to become a resident there, but for the VA that rule doesnt apply.

spacecowgirl

in the bee-loud glade
15+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2004
Innisfree
Status
Pharmacist
Some residencies are combo residencies and might not come up when you search amb care so if you have a particular geographical region in mind, check all the residencies there - esp managed care.