Amcas 2003 Meet here!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MSTPgirl

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! Is there anyone else here who is applying right now for MSTP Class of 2007? Let me know!

The online application is fun, no?

Members don't see this ad.

hey there! ... just came back from "y tu mama tambien" cool/wierd. completely unrelated. i'm appplying this cycle as well, hows it going?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am, I am!

what are you up to this summer mstpgirl and cough? i'm hanging out at merck research labs ... who else is applying?

Count me in. Though not 100% sure, I think I am going for it. Not looking forward to the application process. Oh, and I am not applying for basic sciences, but for public health/epidemiology.
Good luck y'all.

Z.

I'm applying too! The Personal Statement is really tough because it has to encompass our research, volunteering, and teaching experiences. Tough call on what to keep and what not to.

I'm almost pau with the personal statement, but now it's choke long..is there anyone willing to read/edit it?

Jot- I graduated last year, so this summer I'm doing what I always do. Which is work. I do research at Mass General.

Princess- What's up with all those hosers hitting on you in the Pre-Allopathic forum? Did someone post a picture of you? It wouldn't load on my browser...darn. Anyway, I too would like some of these people to look at my personal statement. We should start an exchange, but only by private message. No, better yet, email. I'll have a showable version later this week, but I'm stuck in the 6500 word range. Darn again.

Cough

Hi all. I am 2003 amcas MD/PhD. I am primarily interested in the fusion between immunological/molecular cancer research and natural products chemistry/pharmacognosy. I love working with cancer patients, and I think I want to become active in clinical trials research. I have always known that I want to be a lab based scientist, but since working in clinical reserach for the past year, I am convinced that an MD/PhD will give me the broad base of knowledge I need to perform meaningful research. Anyways, thats me. For those who have not posted their interests, please do so. I am looking forward to meeting many of you face to face in the future (willing we all rock the house!)
Isidella

Wow! I'm a lot like you, Isidella - I want to do clinical trials, and test out new drugs. My dad has cancer, so it's interesting learning about how drugs get approved.

For example, IL-2 only works for <10% of cancer patients, yet for many cancers it's the only treatment available. Sucks huh?

Sometimes it seems like once a drug has been FDA-approved, they try to make sure it still has a market, even when it's old and proven to be virtually ineffective.

zephyr_97:

I'm curious, is MSTP now offering a PhD in public health/epidemiology? If not, what programs are you applying to? Feel free to PM me if you don't want to spam the whole bb.

Cheers
-a.