AMCAS 2003: post-secondary experience comments (write about signifance or duties?)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yogi Bear

2K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
can people post samples of their post-secondary experience in areas such as research/volunteering experience? I plan to just describe my project and duties for research; and describe my duties for volunteering. however, a friend of mine plans to write about what the activity means to him, why he got involved, etc. in the 1300 character limit. what should i do?

Members don't see this ad.

i think it would be frivolous to include what an experience meant to you with a 500 character limit. Just stick to what your duties were.

Members don't see this ad :)
it used to be 1300 characters, they changed it to 500.

If you see, there's not much room to describe BOTH, significance AND duties. I would think an AD COM would be more interested in knowing WHAT you did, and infer from that what you got out of it. For an example of a medical assistant, look at what I said in the "official AMCAS 2003 question page." I am writing about duties..and with the space allotted, i am barely being allowed to do even that!

Tweetie

I agree with the other posters. Write your duties, major accomplishments, and perhaps their significance. The space is so small, you can't really get too deep into them. The personal statement and secondary essays is where you can delve into what you learned from the experience and how it has affected you.