AMCAS 2004: How many schools are you guys applying to? POLL!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

How many school will you apply to this year?

• <10

Votes: 9 13.6%
  • 10-19

Votes: 27 40.9%
  • 20-29

Votes: 17 25.8%
  • 30-39

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • 40+

Votes: 7 10.6%

• Total voters

exmike

NOR * CAL
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok here it is, Lets poll guys, and also discuss it!

Members don't see this ad.

it really comes down to how desperate you are. however, there should be a limit to your desperation. as an ORM with sub-par to borderline stats, there are only so many schools i can apply to. i'm not applying to schools that don't show love for out-of-staters, schools that predominately recruit URMs, etcetera. if you have stellar stats, then i think 15 schools should do you well. if you've got horrible stats, then applying to every school imaginable is a waste of money and time. you're better off treating yourself to the bahamas.....

just my 2 pennies

Members don't see this ad :)
It's so hard to cut schools... Every time I try to cut one, I think it might be the one school that ends up accepting me. So far, the list is at 25, but I'm hoping to get to 20. We'll see what happens...

Originally posted by tidbit218
It's so hard to cut schools... Every time I try to cut one, I think it might be the one school that ends up accepting me. So far, the list is at 25, but I'm hoping to get to 20. We'll see what happens...

i see you're at cal too. I have the same feeling when i try to cut schools.. but isnt that extra 30 dollars worth it if its the extra one that gets you in? Thats why its hard for me to cut schools

we've got some hard workers here. 2 people applying to 40+ schools? Are you going for all of them? Might as well. I guess that's one way to pick 'em. :)

I'm only applying to 12-13 AMCAS schools... I think I'm being a bit picky, though. I recognize there's a chance I won't get into any of them, in which case I would probably spend 1-2 years doing something else and filling in whatever gaps I can, then reapply to a handful of schools. But hopefully this won't be necessary!

Originally posted by Slickness
I would apply to 144 but I do not have the money.

haha i thought there were only 125 or so allopathic schools in the US

Originally posted by exmike
haha i thought there were only 125 or so allopathic schools in the US

125 allopathic + 19 osteopathic (or has that gone up to 20 yet?? I know there was another one opening...)