AMCAS 2004: When is everyone submitting?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JulianCrane

The Power of Intention
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna type in my essay this week and then I'll be done with it. Is anyone waiting for MCAT scores to come back before they submit? When I do submit, how long will it take for me to get a secondary?? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm going to submit mine as soon as it is possible. I might wait to submit to schools that screen pre-secondary until I get my new MCAT scores.

Not sure about the secondary. I'd guess sometime in July, though.

I've been told by many pre-med advisors to wait until you get your MCAT scores, as you may want to add a few schools (or take some away).

Members don't see this ad :)
Definitely have your application done, but wait for your MCAT before applying. As WendsJ says, it can determine which schools you apply to.

Also, remember, by going to Print Application you can get your score the earliest and for free.

what do you mean that when you choose pring you can get your scores earlier and for free??

Originally posted by WendsJ
I've been told by many pre-med advisors to wait until you get your MCAT scores, as you may want to add a few schools (or take some away).

Unless you are an August MCAT person, I'd wait for scores

If you are taking MCAT in august, submit amcas sometime in June

That was for last year when folks had to pay to view their scores online versus waiting for scores to come by regular mail. Some people that did not want to pay the extra fee to see online scores actually got to see them via their application. You can print your amcas application and it will have your mcat scores when these become available. This year the mcat fee already *includes* the fee to see scores online whenever they become available. From my understanding we will be getting something in the mail that will tell us how to access our scores online. Regardless, I would periodically check my amcas application and see if by some miracle the scores are already on there...

If you submit before your MCAT scores are in, will AMCAS start verifying your transcripts ASAP or will they wait for your scores?

Originally posted by WendsJ
what do you mean that when you choose pring you can get your scores earlier and for free??

Look at print application of AMCAS. It will have your scores before almost anyone else does.

i've heard that people were getting their mcat scores by the "print application" method last year as early as the first day amcas could be submitted... so for us it would appear to be june 2nd... although i'm a bit skeptical, as the aamc is sure to push back the submission date for the 2004 app like it did last year :rolleyes: