AMCAS Academic Change Requests

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JennyL867

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
A couple days ago, I posted my problem with my application. I received an email on Friday, July 1st that my application had completed processing, but when I actually looked at it, the "AMCAS Use" column was the only one filled in. The "Semester Hours," "AMCAS Grade," and GPA calculation fields were all blank.....so I called AMCAS this morning, and they told me to file an academic change request. Has anyone had to do this? Had long does it take to get a response? Are medical schools going to download my application with no GPA calculated and just throw it out the window :laugh: Although, AMCAS told me that no medical school will be downloading applications before mid-July (as opposed to July 6th like everyone seems to be saying in this forum). I'm just a little upset....I submitted my application early for a reason. I hope this doesn't substantially delay things.

Members don't see this ad.

there was a mistake on my verified amcas app too - they had changed the year of some of my college classes to 1993 (i was in middle school then). i called too and was also freaked out about doing an "academic change request" thinking it would be a huge pain and it would take forever. i filled out the online form and submitted it and it was fixed within about five days. i knew it was fixed when i received another e-mail telling me my amcas app had been verified (just like the first one you get). i can't answer the question about what the med schools see because, like you, i was told that they don't see the thing till mid-july anyway. so, i don't know what happens if your app is verified incorrectly after mid-july, whether the med schools will actually see the bad version or what. hope that helps.

ahd929 said:
there was a mistake on my verified amcas app too - they had changed the year of some of my college classes to 1993 (i was in middle school then). i called too and was also freaked out about doing an "academic change request" thinking it would be a huge pain and it would take forever. i filled out the online form and submitted it and it was fixed within about five days. i knew it was fixed when i received another e-mail telling me my amcas app had been verified (just like the first one you get).

When did you submit the academic change request?

I don't see why AMCAS doesn't ask for a second verification by the students before submitting our apps to schools. I just received notice that my application was processed and I saw the modifications that they made to my course list...all of which were incorrect, and unfortunately my schools have already received the apps and some sent out secondary requests. They essentially changed my molecular biology courses to "health sciences" and didn't count them toward my bcpm gpa at all. Also, they neglected to count my departmental courses as bcpm grades or in my gpa calculation at all. Note, this is approximately 60% of all of my classes in college that they screwed up. Now my question is, why do we pay them a significant amount of money to process our application and to "help" us when mistakes like this definitely hurt our applications statistically. I asked for a transcript re-verification but will schools now receive two versions of my app? That is going to look ridiculous and only cause confusion at the schools. They put too much time and effort into the pre-process to not re-verify their changes with the applicant. I paid them to assist, not to screw up my application and chances with a majority of schools.