• Scariest Story Contest

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

AMCAS academic record all mixed up after submission?!

James'Magikarp

2+ Year Member
Nov 20, 2017
  1. Pre-Medical
    Is anyone else having the same issue? I triple checked that everything was listed in order-- even printed out the PDF version of my application and checked it off-- but once I hit "Submit," my coursework rearranged itself.. Now everything is listed in a super confusing order:

The original PDF prior to submission showed everything from HS, FR, SO, JR, and SR in order.
    Now, the submitted PDF shows: SO, JR, SR, FR, SO, FR, HS. What in the world...?:confused:

Should I be worried?

Last edited:

gonnif

Rule One: Take a Breath
    10+ Year Member
    Gold Member
    Jul 26, 2009
    The Big Bad Apple
    1. Non-Student
      Is anyone else having the same issue? I triple checked that everything was listed in order-- even printed out the PDF version of my application and checked it off-- but once I hit "Submit," my coursework rearranged itself.. Now everything is listed in a super confusing order:

The original PDF prior to submission showed everything from HS, FR, SO, JR, and SR in order.
      Now, the submitted PDF shows: SO, JR, SR, FR, SO, FR, HS. What in the world...?:confused:

Should I be worried?
      It is rearranged in a pdf now as well?

About the Ads

James'Magikarp

2+ Year Member
      Nov 20, 2017
      1. Pre-Medical
        Thanks everyone for your reply! Yes, @gonnif it is also rearranged in the submitted PDF version as well... not sure why though.

Also, an AAMC representative finally got back to my email after 11 days. They said, "AMCAS is aware of this issue and is actively working to resolve it. As long as the Academic Year, Academic Term, and Year in School is correct for each course, you have met the chronological order coursework requirement."

It looks like I will be verified without an issue. Still, I am now hoping admissions committees won't assume carelessness on my part... Do they even care about the chronological order of coursework listed? I honestly triple checked everything on my pre-submission PDF to confirm the chronological order, so this was out of my control. (Hmm maybe it's because I used Safari to submit my primary? Not sure if Safari is somehow incompatible with AMCAS or something...)

dsprott94

Jul 15, 2021
        1. Pre-Medical
          It is rearranged in a pdf now as well?
          Thanks everyone for your reply! Yes, @gonnif it is also rearranged in the submitted PDF version as well... not sure why though.

Also, an AAMC representative finally got back to my email after 11 days. They said, "AMCAS is aware of this issue and is actively working to resolve it. As long as the Academic Year, Academic Term, and Year in School is correct for each course, you have met the chronological order coursework requirement."

It looks like I will be verified without an issue. Still, I am now hoping admissions committees won't assume carelessness on my part... Do they even care about the chronological order of coursework listed? I honestly triple checked everything on my pre-submission PDF to confirm the chronological order, so this was out of my control. (Hmm maybe it's because I used Safari to submit my primary? Not sure if Safari is somehow incompatible with AMCAS or something...)

I had a similar issue with submitting. I printed several PDFs, submitted, and my coursework order was fine. However, I added a few more schools and submitted again, and the course order got jumbled up (Junior, Senior, Freshman, Sophmore). I only submitted using chrome, so I don't think safari is an issue

gonnif

Rule One: Take a Breath
          10+ Year Member
          Gold Member
          Jul 26, 2009
          The Big Bad Apple
          1. Non-Student
            AMCAS has had issues with this course jumble since they went online in 2000. There are several programming steps from your input, thru multiple buffers and processing into the database then back to you as a “report” or how completed application. AMCAS has yet to spend the time, money or resources to go thru years of code to figure out why this happens and under what circumstances. There is nothing you can do about it

Last edited:
            About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
            2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
            5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
            6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            7. This thread is locked.