AMCAS accountant just called me on the phone

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Amy B, Jul 5, 2001.

1. Amy B

Amy B I miss my son so much
    Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved

Resident [Any Field]
    Wow, what a shock to see the AMCAS number appear on my caller ID tonight. The lady was from the accounting department and she was returning my call. I called the number that appeared on my credit card statement. She said there was some poor soul who had been charged 52 times. :eek:

She could only tell me how many times I was charged. She had just left a meeting with AMCAS and told them she wanted a printout of all the apllications that had been accepted. That way when the people called her office about the duplicate charges she would be able to tell them if their application had gone through. She hoped this would occur next week sometime.

It is encouraging that they are trying to work on the problem that a stupid computer programming company caused.

Anyway if you want to check on how many times your card has been charged, look on your statement for the phone number.

Here is the number. I hesitate to give it out for fear that she will be drowned with phone calls. Call only if you fear you have been charged over 1 time. Good luck.
    1-202-828-0451 ;)

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. bubblebear

bubblebear Member

Amy Beth, thank you sooooo much! I just can't thank you and the accountant lady enough! My card was charged 11 times, and this problem had bugged me for 3 days. Called the AMCAS hotline (waited for a total of 8 hours before I could get a hold of them!)and the person there asked me to mail in a check before they can cancel the previous payments. I did, but god knows how long it'll take them to process! Now it just took 5 minutes to get everything solved! THANK YOU!
    :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

4. spacecadet

spacecadet Senior Member

Thank you so much. She is very nice! She is going to refund me all six of the charges. Glad I caught her early before she is inundated with calls. :)

Still don't think my application has gone through though since I never got a confirmation (only errors). She suggested I try again tonight because they supposedly fixed it.

Pam

5. elle

elle Senior Member

Thank you so much! Being able to call that number directly was so helpful, they're going to only charge me once now. :)

6. mdhopeful

mdhopeful Senior Member

To those on this thread. Did you suspect that your card was being charged multiple times? Or did you think it was just charged only once and then found out it was charged multiple times when you called the accountant? Please clarify as believe I was charged only once, but would like to be certain.

7. spacecadet

spacecadet Senior Member

I called my credit card company last night to see if/how many times I was charged. That's the best way.

Pam

8. Amy B

Resident [Any Field]
    My credit card said I was charged once, BUT AMCAS sent me three emails saying they had not received my application and did not process any payment and I needed to submit again. Rather then submit again I called the number on my bill to find out if they did charge me, which they had so I am glad I didn't follow the advice in the emails.

9. bubblebear

bubblebear Member

I called my credit card company to check.

10. EMDrMoe

EMDrMoe Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    If you are charged, did your application definitely go through? Mine says submitted, but my husband's says it hasn't been (and he can still change essays), but we were charged for both apps numerous times (I have online credit card updates and received a possible fraudulent use email).

11. Jacky

Jacky Member

You guys must all have low balances on your credit cards to withstand these multiple charges!! My available credit wouldn't allow me to exceed my first submission!!! :p :p :p

12. Amy B

Resident [Any Field]
    My friend was charged 2 times but her application didn't go through. She called Jean the accountant lady who took both charges off and told her to resubmit. This time it went right through with no problems.
    I would suggest for those who have been charged but still show a balance and can edit their essay to call Jean and have all the charges removed and then resubmit. It just might end your troubles. :cool: :p :cool: :p