AMCAS Activities - no reference to list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MDhopeful324

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

What would be the best thing to do if you are involved in activities without a faculty contact to list? I have heard that listing a friend or a family member is often not preferred. However, certain activities that I am involved in are student run and in some cases I would have to resort to listing members who are applying to medical school themselves. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,

What would be the best thing to do if you are involved in activities without a faculty contact to list? I have heard that listing a friend or a family member is often not preferred. However, certain activities that I am involved in are student run and in some cases I would have to resort to listing members who are applying to medical school themselves. Any advice is greatly appreciated!
I listed Presidents of different organizations that I was in. I don't think it necessarily has to be faculty.

Just list other students involved if you don't have a faculty advisor.

The advisor for one of my volunteer experience's email was something ridiculous like fluffypuppies @ gmail.com and I was worried that adcoms would think that I was making it up. But no one questioned it. I don't think adcoms often verify activities, so they won't even know your reference is a student. And if they do, they should let you know if they have a problem with the reference

Reactions: 1 user