AMCAS activities section

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lolo08

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It says that we're allowed to have 1325 characters to describe each activity. Is everyone actually using up all 1325 characters? Because I've found for a lot of my extracurriculars, a couple of sentences would suffice but I don't want to look like an underachiver among the sea of pre-meds. ;) What does everyone else think? Are they looking for bull or not?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, is it too late to submit AMCAS if I do it in like 2 weeks? I still have to finish my essay. I go to an ivy school, have a 3.4 GPA, 3.3 science and 10s on all my sectiosn for MCAT

Any suggestiosn? Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes it's too late, they wont let you in to medical school now.

Most schools have deadlines of October and December so you should be right on time if you submit it in August. In fact, you'll probably be ahead of the game. good luck!

kkd3 said:
Hey guys, is it too late to submit AMCAS if I do it in like 2 weeks? I still have to finish my essay. I go to an ivy school, have a 3.4 GPA, 3.3 science and 10s on all my sectiosn for MCAT

Any suggestiosn? Thanks

izibo said:
Yes it's too late, they wont let you in to medical school now.

kkd3 said:

Any suggestiosn? Thanks
lol good job hijacking someone else's thread. no it's not late. you just won't have as good of a chance then as you would now.

to the OP, on my AMCAS, i never came close to 1325 characters. mine were mostly 400-500 chars max. quality not quantity.