AMCAS activity description

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

max_poWER

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was working on filling out the activities description and was wondering what format it should be in. Should it be "resume style", short and concise, or should I be writing in complete sentences?

Also, am I just supposed to be providing a description or am I also including what I gained from the activity? I tried to look online for some examples but couldn't find any. Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I was working on filling out the activities description and was wondering what format it should be in. Should it be "resume style", short and concise, or should I be writing in complete sentences?

Also, am I just supposed to be providing a description or am I also including what I gained from the activity? I tried to look online for some examples but couldn't find any. Thanks in advance!

I am trying to figure this out too, so if any one has an idea that would be great. Is it possible to use bullet points?

There are other threads on here. In the past few days, there have been 5-7 threads that address style and content of the activity descriptions. If you use the search feature or look through the pages of this forum, you'll learn a lot more than just what you asked in this post.

At any rate, complete sentences are not necessary and you can't use bullet points. Numbered lists are okay and may be preferred for misc. awards.

As for length, I prefer short and concise as does LizzyM, advisers, and some adcomms that have been quoted on SDN. SDNers themselves are mixed on the issue. I'd say 50% are in favor of short and sweet descriptions, the other 50% like to write about lessons learned.

I don't think using bullet points is a great idea.

Have professors, advisers, writing lab people read them. Get feedback from a few people.

Last edited by a moderator: