AMCAS Activity Mistake. Big Deal or Not?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jfijiefjieji

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So one of my friends listed being a bassist as a hobby he has been doing for the past 12 years and thought it would be safe to put in 9999 for total hours. After submitting, he realized that he accidentally added a 9 so the hour total is 99999. This is obviously an impossible hour total so the question is whether this would have a negative impact on his app. I think it's an MME if that matters. Should he notify schools of the mistake? I personally think it's not that big of a deal but I wanted to get the opinion of some on the forum.

Members don't see this ad.

So one of my friends listed being a bassist as a hobby he has been doing for the past 12 years and thought it would be safe to put in 9999 for total hours. After submitting, he realized that he accidentally added a 9 so the hour total is 99999. This is obviously an impossible hour total so the question is whether this would have a negative impact on his app. I think it's an MME if that matters. Should he notify schools of the mistake? I personally think it's not that big of a deal but I wanted to get the opinion of some on the forum.
Not a big deal. He has signaled that the hours involved are unknowable.

Reactions: 1 user