AMCAS address problem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eagle26

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here's the problem I've been having with schools sending secondaries. My address is correct in the AMCAS application, however, when the schools have sent out secondaries and other correspondence, my apartment number is truncated from 4 digits to 1. I've contacted AMCAS, and they informed me that the address in there is what the medical schools receive. However, after my interview at MCV I checked and they have a truncated version. I'm thinking that it's being lost in data transfer. Luckily, my postal carrier gets it to me anyway. I'm just worried I might have missed or will miss important correspondence. I changed my address in AMCAS today to try to make it shorter so it won't get truncated. I hope this helps.

Has anybody else had this sort of problem?

Joe

Members don't see this ad.

I think that I would write or call each school individually and let them know what happened with your AMCAS application and tell them that you wanted to be sure that they had the correct address.

thanks...I didn't do that for all the schools. I was disenchanted when some told me that I can't do that, I only can chance it through AMCAS! I'll contact all of them and be adamant about it! :p