AMCAS and APs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jlq3d3

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I couldn't find this info in the AMCAS manual. What course number do we put for AP classes, and do we put in a grade even though only the credit is listed on my college transcript?

Members don't see this ad.

I read the AMCAS manual for this as well and what I gathered is leave the course number blank, just put course name as follows "AP Credit: English" and leave the grade blank since its not on our transcript.

pretty sure you can put "G" for AP classes that weren't given a grade on the transcript. i also used the course name/number of the college course i placed out of.

Members don't see this ad :)
so you should put AP Credit before the name even though you check the Advanced Placement box at the bottom? Further, what academic term do you put for an advanced placement test? I put other term.. is that ok?

I thought for AP courses we had to put the academic term of our first quarter/semester we're in College since that's the term that the AP units counted towards (hence why some enter College with Soph standing, since APs counted for their Fresh year). Am I wrong?

Giggles, from what I recall, that is correct- the AP credits are classified as first semester freshman year classes. Taliesinrk, yes, you should both put "AP Credit" in the course title and check off the Advanced Placement box underneath.

Be sure to check your university transcript and list your AP courses exactly as your transcript lists them. It can vary widely from place to place. For example, my school had a "G" as the grade for AP's but I had friends at other schools who just had a blank space instead of a grade. And, yes, you should list them as freshman courses. :luck: