Ross434

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2003
Visit site
Status
Pharmacy Student
Somebody here once said that you're required to list all your dropped courses for the AMCAS.. is this true? That would kind of blow, given that a lot of people at my school (like me) register for a ton of courses and then drop 2 or 3 every semester after they try them out (ie: register for 21, drop down to 14-16). I dont think Amcas sees this.. correct???

AStudent

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2005
Status
They can't check, so don't put it down.

Unless you withdrew from the class during the semester and got a W or something DON'T put it down.

Ross434 said:
Somebody here once said that you're required to list all your dropped courses for the AMCAS.. is this true? That would kind of blow, given that a lot of people at my school (like me) register for a ton of courses and then drop 2 or 3 every semester after they try them out (ie: register for 21, drop down to 14-16). I dont think Amcas sees this.. correct???

FaytlND

15+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2004
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Yeah, I beleive that AMCAS specifically says if you dropped the course within your schools drop/add period you do not have to list it. After that, you do have to list it, even if your school does not list it as a W. However, if you don't put it down and there is no way to determine from your transcript, you are taking a calculated risk because if you matriculate and the med school finds out, it may cause problems.

chopper

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2004
Status
I thought the standard was if it is on your transcript as a W, put it down. If not, don't. Get a personal copy of your official transcript before you fill out AMCAS so you know which classes are listed as W. Then stop obsessing and get a beer.