AMCAS and repeating classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aye

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i've tried doing a search on this but i couldn't find anything...

Does anyone know how AMCAS records this on their BCPM gpas? I'm applying to a post bacc program and printed out my AMCAS app so i can submit it to them. I looked over it and their science gpa doesn't match the one i calculated. i believe its from the couple of courses that i repeated. so do they replace the grades or they keep both? lets say i took genetics in my sophomore year and got a C and retook it junior year and got a B. will both be counted into my gpa or just the latter?? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

aye said:
i've tried doing a search on this but i couldn't find anything...

Does anyone know how AMCAS records this on their BCPM gpas? I'm applying to a post bacc program and printed out my AMCAS app so i can submit it to them. I looked over it and their science gpa doesn't match the one i calculated. i believe its from the couple of courses that i repeated. so do they replace the grades or they keep both? lets say i took genetics in my sophomore year and got a C and retook it junior year and got a B. will both be counted into my gpa or just the latter?? Thanks!

Any class you retake is counted as if it was a separate class to begin with. This also happens with classes that you use freshman forgiveness for or any other rule that otherwise allows you to drop a grade from your GPA. You may only be counting the best grade you got for a class, but amcas counts both and both grades are factored into your overall GPA and BCPM GPA if they are science classes.