AMCAS AP Corrections

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mr. Three-Wiggle

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
They "corrected" every single AP class I listed. I'm not sure how they did so but I guess they changed something. Did this happen to anyone else? It looks awful to have 10 or so Xs at the top of my app. Argh.

Members don't see this ad.

Happened to me last year, but this year, all the corrections carried over, so I have just one X from a class that I took in the spring. Although I'm not sure what they corrected. I really wouldn't worry too much about it, I think just about everyone has X's on there application.

My AP classes were ok, but all of my IB credit got corrected

Members don't see this ad :)
Same thing happened to me. I had some 10 X marked there. I think what they did was to change the "G" I put there to a "TR." I personally do not think the AMCAS manual was very clear. It wants us to put down the grade as shown on our transcript, which is usually something like TR for AP credits. but, at the same time, it talked about AP credits having grade G. G is the AMCAS grade, it is what the AMCAS people put down there, but we are suppose to put down whatever shown on our transcript. I don't know whether you had a similar case. I hope med schools won't mind this too much.

Bill Mcneal said:
They "corrected" every single AP class I listed. I'm not sure how they did so but I guess they changed something. Did this happen to anyone else? It looks awful to have 10 or so Xs at the top of my app. Argh.

Same thing happened to me. I had advanced standing but had put "freshman" for all of the classes I took in my first year, etc. I guess I was supposed to designated those as "sophomore." :shrug: Hopefully it won't affect anything. :cool:

Astrithir said:
Same thing happened to me. I had advanced standing but had put "freshman" for all of the classes I took in my first year, etc. I guess I was supposed to designated those as "sophomore." :shrug: Hopefully it won't affect anything. :cool:

I am about to submit and I have the same thing: That was my 1st year, but I had sophomore standing... should I change it before I submit?

Astrithir said:
Crap I did that too.....meh too late.

I actually called the AMCAS people about having advanced standing. If you were in college for four years, then they said to classify 1st year classes as "Freshman" even if you had sophomore standing, so don't worry about it. It makes it easier for them that way because if you didn't then you'd have two years marked as "Senior". If you finished college in three years then that's a different story. There was some weird rule for that in the handbook. I think you classify your years as freshman, sophomore, and then jump to senior. Not sure about that though.