AMCAS AP Credits

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sara3426

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, so I have 54 credits from high school AP classes that show up on my transcript as "AP Credit," with no class distinctions. They come from classes like AP Mod Euro History, AP Spanish, etc. Do I list them on AMCAS according to what credit I got for which class, even though the classes are not referred to on my official transcript? Or do I just list "AP Credit, 54 units" on AMCAS.
Does anyone else have this issue?

Members don't see this ad.

sara3426 said:
Okay, so I have 54 credits from high school AP classes that show up on my transcript as "AP Credit," with no class distinctions. They come from classes like AP Mod Euro History, AP Spanish, etc. Do I list them on AMCAS according to what credit I got for which class, even though the classes are not referred to on my official transcript? Or do I just list "AP Credit, 54 units" on AMCAS.

i listed my ap courses just as they were on my transcript - with individual course name and credit hours.. not meshed together like urs.
i think the norm is to follow whatever is on ur transcript, but to be honest, i don't know how the adcom is going to know whether u completed the pre-req and what not in your case...
sry i can't help
hopefully, someone on the forum has been in the same situation as u

ps.. damn that's a lot of ap credits!! :eek:

heeseop said:
i think the norm is to follow whatever is on ur transcript
Agreed. Your official college transcript is all that the AAMC reviewers are going to have to go by, so you want your AMCAS to match it perfectly.

Members don't see this ad :)
sara3426 said:

Actually I am in the same position and I called their help line and they told me to go ahead and just list each AP.

sara3426 said:

Read the AMCA help manual. Page 45: "If the transcript from the college awarding AP credit does not list actual course names, enter the subject area for which credit has been earned (e.g. AO Credit: English) as the coursename."

also, you should get a letter from your school's registrar to verify the AP credits.

remarkal3le said:
Read the AMCA help manual. Page 45: "If the transcript from the college awarding AP credit does not list actual course names, enter the subject area for which credit has been earned (e.g. AO Credit: English) as the coursename."

also, you should get a letter from your school's registrar to verify the AP credits.

What does AO stand for?