AMCAS Application Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

praying4MD

2K Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
When you're filling out the extracurriculars & Awards/Recognition spaces, they ask for a specific date. What about ongoing things? I have been volunteering for a while, so what specific date are they asking for? Also, what about things like "Honors College?" Things like that are ongoing as well. :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Don't you have the option of entering a range of dates for ongoing activities and a specific date for a nonrecurring activity?

Yes, but not for "Awards/Honors/Recognitions." Also, for ongoing things, how do you imply that you do these things currently? Put the current date as the last one? Wouldn't that also imply that you Stopped doing that activity then too?

Members don't see this ad :)
i haven't looked at the app. that closely yet, but if it were on paper, i would put "june 1999-present." "present" implies that you are still participating in the activity. is that an option, or do they have the dates in a pull-down menu? kudos to all you kids who are this far along already...don't you have finals to study for???

Yup, I usually put "present" as well, but that is not an option. They have those pull down menus to deal with. Thanks for the thought though. And most of my finals consist of papers, which I work on while intermittently checking SDN :) or the finals are already over.

Yep actually I do have finals to study for.

In some semesters I might be able to work on the app and study for finals at the same time, but I dont feel comfortable doing that with my current load.

I am probably going to wait to fill out the online web app until finals are over, since I already filled out the preapplication that AMCAS put out a few weeks ago.

What I did was enter the date I was began the activity (e.g. the month and year I was accepted into my university's Honors College) and state in the text field for activity description at the bottom that I am still an active member.

##/##/#### - present

This is the accepted standard.

Originally posted by Mikado:
•##/##/#### - present

This is the accepted standard.•

You can't. Damned pull down bars.

can you leave the end-date blank?