AMCAS Application Workshop sponsored by UCISOM Medical Students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coloredcrayons

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey SDNers :)
Another medical student and I are putting on an AMCAS app workshop at UCI's med school and wanted to invite you guys too. Here's the email we sent out to the UCI undergrads. :)

Please Join UCISOM Medical Students for an AMCAS Application Workshop on Monday, May 13th at 6:30 pm in Nelson Auditorium (Bldg 835 on the School of Medicine campus)!

Are you applying to medical school this year? Do you have questions about the application process? Wonder how many schools you should apply to? Don't know what to include in your personal statement? Want advice from medical students who were recently in your shoes?

If so, then please come to the AMCAS Application Info Night where we will discuss:
- School selection: number of schools, competitiveness, things to consider when choosing to apply to a school
- The primary AMCAS application: the personal statement, 15 activities, and entering course grades
- The secondary application: return timelines, reusing essays, matching a schools "fit", how to find specific information about a school

We will also be holding a Medical Student Panel, so you can ask any remaining questions related to the general application process. If you desire more individualized advice on your application, we can do our best to assist you with that as well! A number of medical students from a variety of academic backgrounds will be in attendance to offer more personalized suggestions following the event.

... But wait, there's more! We are delighted to announce that Dr. Ellena Peterson, Associate Dean of Admissions & Outreach for UC Irvine School of Medicine, will also be in attendance to answer any questions regarding the application process. This is truly a unique and incredible opportunity, so I urge you to take advantage of it!

If you have any questions regarding this event, please contact (deleted our names for SDN.. just message my coloredcrayons account if you have questions) :)

RSVP here by Friday, May 10th:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDlIRTZ5OFRNSGdiWV9EajlBVk1TWUE6MQ

We hope to see you there!

Members don't see this ad.