AMCAS before/after summer school class?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

t_kim

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Applying for the second time, and repeating a class during the summer.

My qyestion - should I wait until that grade is in before submitting the AMCAS app, or send it in as soon as possible and update when my grade comes in?

- Tae

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, fellow Walthamite! :wink:

When will your summer grade be submitted?

Send in the AMCAS asap. The effect of the grade probably will not outweigh the effect of submitting late. The earlier the better chances you got.

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree. I too was stuck deciding whether or not to send my AMCAS, if I don't get in now, after my two summer classes, but I decided that it would be best to send it asap, and I'm speaking from experience. No matter what it takes, have your AMCAS sent the first day they start accepting them...no matter what.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Doctora Foxy:
•Hello, fellow Walthamite! :wink:

When will your summer grade be submitted?•••••After August 22.

Judging by the lopsided responses, I'll be fighting the AMCAS machine in the AM.

Does anyone know if I can login under my old username and pass? I just tried and it wouldn't take.

- Tae

Tae,

I'm also a reapplicant and I was able to use my old username and password. I had trouble at first because I was trying to use my AMCAS number instead of my username (duh) to log in. Maybe you just forgot your password. It's worth your while to get it straightened out - AMCAS was a breeze for me this year!

•••quote:•••Originally posted by spacecadet:
•Tae,

I'm also a reapplicant and I was able to use my old username and password. I had trouble at first because I was trying to use my AMCAS number instead of my username (duh) to log in. Maybe you just forgot your password. It's worth your while to get it straightened out - AMCAS was a breeze for me this year!•••••Yeah - I had a problem with the site because I tried to login using my Mac. Using a PC machine I had no probs, then booting my Mac using a different version of the OS I had no probs. So I guess it's me.

God, I almost got a stif- er, priapism - when I saw all those sections already filled out.

I was looking for my copy of the 2002 MSAR and couldn't find it, then went online to buy the 2003 MSAR. The only place that has it in stock is - you guessed it - AMCAS.

Thanks to everyone for their advice!

- Tae