AMCAS Browser Support

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Prateek

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else think it's kinda lame that AMCAS doesn't support Firefox 4.0

I hate going back to Internet Explorer :thumbdown:

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone else think it's kinda lame that AMCAS doesn't support Firefox 4.0

I hate going back to Internet Explorer :thumbdown:

lol. try going back to IE on ubuntu, i hope they at least support chrome, but something tells me they don't.

No chrome. Just Firefox 3.6 and IE8. I've had to downgrade my IE for a few months. I understand them wanting to ensure the integrity and uniformity of the application process for all... but what is the worst that could happen if they allowed other browsers? The formatting would look a little different on our screen? The schools would still get the same exact thing in the end.

I think a warning along the lines of "AMCAS only officially supports browsers 1,2, and 3. Use anything else at your own discretion and risk" would be sufficient.

Members don't see this ad :)
I installed an addon called user agent switcher for firefox. It lets you set the user agent to whatever you want(ie7, firefox3.6, etc) so the webserver thinks you're using that browser. I just switch it to login and switch back to the default once I'm in and everything seems to works fine. Don't know if it'll screw anything up or not but I use a mac and don't feel like downgrading my firefox to use AAMC's archaic system.

They don't even support IE 9. I had to borrow my mom's computer. =/

It wouldn't let me downgrade from IE 9 to 8, and I didn't want to downgrade my firefox... so I ended up finding an archive download site for Netscape 7 :laugh::laugh:

It SUCKS

For whatever reason the IE tab extension in Firefox still wouldn't work on AMCAS.