silverpaw54

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 31, 2005
Status
Medical Student
How long do you guys usually wait for a rep? I'm low on minutes and I just can't go past 20 minutes again. They just opened like 30 minutes ago too :(

OP
S

silverpaw54

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 31, 2005
Status
Medical Student
Robizzle said:
takes somewhere between 45min to an hour. what are u asking about? if it's something like "have u received my transcripts" dont bother
Dang...Serious?
I just hung up. I just wanted to withdraw my application and get a refund for 3 schools I picked. Is that allowed?

About the Ads
OP
S

silverpaw54

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 31, 2005
Status
Medical Student
I found this on their site.

What is the policy regarding refunds?

You will only be eligible for a refund if you withdraw before your application begins the AMCAS verification process. You will receive a refund only for those schools for which the published deadline has not yet passed (at the time you withdraw your application). If no published deadlines have passed at the time you withdraw your application, you will receive a full refund minus a $160 non-refundable service fee.

One of my transcripts havent made it there yet so I think I'm still eligible for $90 in refund. I just can't wait 45 minutes. I emailed them last Thursday. I can wait until this Thursday when my minutes start over.

What is the start of the verification process? Calculating GPA?

braluk

SDN Surgerynator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2006
The Big Easy
Status
Medical Student
th start of the verification process, i believe is when they receive your transcripts and it under "waiting for review". Im not sure if they consider verification period the actual time that an AAMC official sits down and cross checks your transcript with the amcas application, but i would assume that once you are ready for review, that would be the start of the verification process and the end of the refund window

thedelicatessen

In Memory of Riley Jane
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2006
Status
Medical Student
I think it's hilarious how there are multiple voices that tell you to stay on the line when you're on hold. At least the music and voices on hold are mildly soothing. When I called AMCAS, it took about 15 minutes before I was able to speak with someone.

goodoldalky

10+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2006
Status
Attending Physician
I was on hold for about 20 minutes today. The music was horrendous - LOL. Not soothing at all. It sounded like someone tripping on major drugs was playing the piano with their feet, while wearing snow skis.

rcd

.2K Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2004
Status
Pre-Medical
goodoldalky said:
I was on hold for about 20 minutes today. The music was horrendous - LOL. Not soothing at all. It sounded like someone tripping on major drugs was playing the piano with their feet, while wearing snow skis.
Just use a phone with speakerphone. A lot easier.

About the Ads