AMCAS: can I send them new grades?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Spiderman [RNA Ladder 2003]

Platinum Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was ust wondering if I could update my AMCAS profile when I get my Fall grades. I want them to show up there. Would just sending them a transcript do it?

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah I was wondering if we send new grades to AMCAS or the schools we applied to?

Originally posted by hokiedoc
Yeah I was wondering if we send new grades to AMCAS or the schools we applied to?

Well if you sent them directly to the schools, I'd imagine it'd be faster than AMCAS, but I don't know how that works. Ask the schools?

-RA

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think that you can update your grades to AMCAS. Once you submit your app for verification, you cannot make changes, except for address ones. If you think that your grades will help you, send the transcripts to the universities directly, or just send an update letter stating that what classes you took and your grades. I am sure that they will verify the info upon matriculation.

well, what if I send them an official transcript? they would have to change the last grades according to it. If I send it to school, that tanscript is not going to give them a science GPA. However, if time is an issue, i think it would be the best thing to do. More than that the schools would just want to see my progress and an increase in grades. If they see it, it would speak for itself. Thanks!