AMCAS + Certiphi Background Credit Check & Identity Theft

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OnTheOtherHand

The Voice of GeneCo
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a question, do medical schools take a look at the credit part of the Certiphi background check? Is it included in the AMCAS background check?

The reason why I ask is because I have had my identity stolen and have been having such a difficult, uphill battle trying to get the credit bureaus to take the fraudulent charges off of my record over the last few years, to say nothing about putting fraud alerts on my credit report.

Members don't see this ad.

I've heard that MCW does a credit check, so I'm sure there are more schools doing so as well, but it's my impression that schools doing this are in the vast minority at this time from SDN feedback I've read. It is theorized that it will become more and more common, but hopefully not in time to make a big difference for you.

For what is included in the AMCAS-sponsored background check, see page 66 of: https://www.aamc.org/students/download/125246/data/new_document.pdf

Last edited: