AMCAS Changes???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zuerst

Plutonium Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It looks like AMCAS changed the way freshman, sophomore, junior and senior status are determined? Isn't it done by hours? I did it by hours and how my main undergraduate university classified me but it seemed that AMCAS had changed my classification to by years in school. And because of that I have something like 60 hours as a freshman and 50 hours as a sophomore... which seems kinda weird.

Is your classification done by hours or year since you entered college?

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't worry about it. I e-mailed them and they told me to classify my first semester as freshman and second semester as sophomore, even though I came in with advanced standing. So I ended up with about 60 credits for my freshman year as well. It seems like they do a mix of hours/years to determine your status, but since the semester in which you took your courses is in the AMCAS application, schools will be able to tell what your schedule was like.

I was on the quarter system coming in with advanced standing and they changed mine all around. No biggie.