AMCAS Changes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

praying4MD

2K Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what happens if I change my application to add a "designated medical school"? Does my date of submission move back that much as well, or do I still "have my place in line?" Will I be charged again for all the others that I have already entered as well? Or are the AMCAS staff smart enough to only charge me for the one I add? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I originally submitted my appl on June 29. I then added three schools on July 16. It did change the submit date to read July 16, but I really don't think that matters.

It did only charge me $90 for only the newly added schools. I had no problems whatsoever with adding the new schools and who cares if my submit date changed by 2 weeks.
;) :cool: ;) :cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry for being a bit thick about this guys, but I still don't get it. I understand that I won't get charged extra, but I'm still unsure about my order in line.

Amy: So the date submitted changed on YOUR screen, but does that necessarily mean you lost your place in line? It would matter to me because I will lose about 3 weeks, and I am trying my best to get it in early. Do you know of a way to add a school without losing your place in line? Thanks.

praying4MD...

if I were in ur shoes...I WOULDNT RISK IT :eek:

yah, u could add three schools, but end up falling behind 3 weeks...I wouldn't dare try it out :eek:

personally, once it has been processed and sent out then add the schools.....I would be too scared to try anything else :eek:

praying4MD,

Tough question. I dont think it would necessarily make you lose your place in line but who knows for sure.

There are many people on this board who submitted their app before me, yet I was processed ahead of them. That makes me think that maybe they are not placing you in line according to your submission date.

I guess its a judgment call on your part. Keep in mind that even though they might be verifying applications, that it wont make any difference unless they figure out how to work out the bugs in the transmission process to the med schools.

Good luck, I hope good things happen for you :D

I don't think I'll risk it, but I'll call AMCAS on Monday to make sure what the procedure is (just in case). Thanks for all your valuable advice.

Sure TweetyPie, no problem. I just hope I can get through and talk to someone knowledgable enough to give some decent answers to my questions... but I think is wishful thinking. :rolleyes: I don't think I will be able to post until tomorrow evening though, so just sit tight until then. :)