AMCAS college attending status for grad students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JackyLin

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just have a question on the school attended section of the app.

I am a current grad student with projected thesis defense at the end of summer (aug 2013), but this is not 100% set (any thing can go wrong with analysis of my data, may need adjustments or more data gathering, etc).

I was wondering how would I fill the section regarding my grad status? I attended undergrad at the same institution as my current grad school, and I imagine my transcript would include course work in the 2012-2013 year (for grad). If I do not put that I am attending grad atm, it seems weird as my description would show that I was only attending until june 2012, but transcript goes beyond that time.

Should I just add my projected M.S. graduation date?

Members don't see this ad.

I am a current grad student with projected thesis defense at the end of summer (aug 2013), but this is not 100% set (any thing can go wrong with analysis of my data, may need adjustments or more data gathering, etc).

I was wondering how would I fill the section regarding my grad status? I attended undergrad at the same institution as my current grad school, and I imagine my transcript would include course work in the 2012-2013 year (for grad). If I do not put that I am attending grad atm, it seems weird as my description would show that I was only attending until june 2012, but transcript goes beyond that time.

bump.

Yes. If it takes you longer to finish your thesis, schools aren't going to make a big deal of it. Now if you don't finish and don't tell them and they find out, then that might be an issue.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in a similar situation except with my PhD. I don't exactly have a defense date, but I'm getting closer to getting one and I know it'll be before the end of September barring anything crazy. Just say when you think you'll be done and roll with it.