AMCAS Complete Status to days Med Schools actually see Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smoothbunzz

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Sorry if this has already been asked but I am unclear as to when AMCAS actually sends in your material to schools after your application is complete.

In other words, if you submit June 3rd, and are deemed complete on the 3rd, will schools actually start sending you secondaries in early June? Or do they all have a set day, like June 28th for example that they actually start reviewing applications? I am asking for the sake of my reccomendation letters. I do not want to rush my advocates to write a letter by June 3rd if they can submit it by say the 15th.

Members don't see this ad.

June 27 is the first day that verified AMCAS applications are released to medical schools. You will not receive secondaries before then. Also, most schools do not require your LORs to be in before sending a secondary. You just need your LORs to be in so you can be considered for interview.

Just out of curiosity, where is this information found? I looked over the AMCAS website and could not find it.