AMCAS Course Work Section

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Giggles411

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
For entering AP courses, do we enter our first year in college as the academic year (even though we took it a few years back in H.S), our first semester/quarter we were in college for the term, and for the grad we got, leave it blank and credit hours blank?
Thanks a lot!

Members don't see this ad.

You are supposed to put it as the 1st term of freshman year. Credit should be the amount of credit granted to you by the University for the AP test you took. I do not know if we are supposed to put the high school grade in the grade box or just leave it blank.

Anyone know?

Thanks,
yeah I just read the instruction manual (nice thing to do at times like this) and it states that "if no grade is on the transcript, no grade is required unless the course has been subsequently repeated or removed dur to academic bankruptcy or similar institutional policies" so I think we should leave it blank since they don't care what grade we got in H.S.
For credit though, what if on my official college transcript it states the total number or units I got from all of my APs, not how many units each AP course gave me? Should I still put the number of credits for each AP class I'm listing?

I would suggest asking your registrar or sometimes that is listed in the undergraduate catalog