Amcas Coursework Problems????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CoverMe

Registered Republican
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, i'm spending this beautiful Saturday entering coursework into AMCAS. I've attended 3 Junior Colleges and 3 Universities over a 12 year period... so it's a pain.

Anyway, i'm trying to enter coursework for Spring QUARTER, 1993... but every time i click over to actually enter the coursework, i see that AMCAS has changed the year to 1992... still a "Q3" but the year is wrong.

At first, I thought I had made an error so i deleted it and started again... SAME THING. is anyone having problems with this... is it me??

Ayudame porfavor!!

Members don't see this ad.

Okie doke.. i'm answering my own question here.

I would delete this, except maybe it will help someone else.

I entered the FOLLOWING semester (fall 1993) and suddenly AMCAS decided that i REALLY MEANT it, when i typed Spring 1993... it stopped switching it to 1992. So... not sure what the glitch is, but "be the shark" and just keep swimming and AMCAS will figure it out.
:)

I am pretty sure that they go by academic year so although the class was in 1993 or whatever maybe the academic year is 92

Members don't see this ad :)
MF-er!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's switched it back to being wrong..

WTF?!?!?!??!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

any suggestions?

Thank you... that makes sense. It's a bit confusing when you're entering, since you need to keep track of what was when... and they're referring to it differently from the transcripts.

There is a pdf file with highly detailed instructions regarding amcas, I really encourage everyone to read that as they do amcas or if questions come up. There is an answer to any question about the application...

CoverMe said:
MF-er!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's switched it back to being wrong..

WTF?!?!?!??!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

any suggestions?

Although it may look wrong, it is actually right. I had the same issue and my situation didn't seem to match what the instructions were describing so I called AMCAS and talked to someone in person. I'll look up the details later when I'm not at work and explain what I found out.