AMCAS coursework summer high school program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheLastofUs

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I participated in a summer program after my sophomore year in high school at Northwestern where I took a class for 3 weeks, they "graded" us but I don't know if this actually counts as college level work it was for high school credit, which I didn't even use because I retook the class the following year in high school. Do you think I need to include this on my amcas?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,

I participated in a summer program after my sophomore year in high school at Northwestern where I took AB Calc, they "graded" us but I don't know if this actually counts as college level work it was for high school credit, which I didn't even use because I took BC Calculus the following year in high school. Do you think I need to include this on my amcas?

No. That is not a college course, unless you somehow got college credit for it and have it on a transcript from Northwestern. The official AP exam is what gives you the college credit. If it doesn't show up on a college transcript, do not list it.

No. That is not a college course, unless you somehow got college credit for it and have it on a transcript from Northwestern. The official AP exam is what gives you the college credit. If it doesn't show up on a college transcript, do not list it.

Thanks!