AMCAS deadline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

captainfalcons

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Was wondering if someone could clarify this for me-
Does the application submission deadline for each school refer to whether the application is "Submitted to AMCAS - Ready for Review" or its "Processing is Complete"?

In other words, does the complete application need to be submitted, by the posted deadlines, to AMCAS or to each medical school?

Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

I think each school's deadline not only includes submitting your primary app to them, as verified, but also completing and submitting their school specific secondary application before that deadline.

If you're worrying about the deadlines, you're probably doing something wrong in terms of applying. Ideally you want submit your Primary in June, and your secondaries ASAP after receiving them.

That being said, it is possible to receive an II despite submitting a secondary on the last day possible. I know, because it happened to me. I submitted my Tufts secondary on 1/15 last cycle and got an II in march. I ended up having to cancel because I literally had no money left for a suit/travel. I shouldn't have bothered applying last year, but I didn't know any better.