Mar 4, 2020
Status
Pre-Medical
I saw this petition going around today and wanted to bring it to SDN since many of us are facing issues with transcripts and delays with processing, especially with COVID-19 and BLM. Please sign this to help out our fellow premeds during this unprecedented time

gonnif

Only 7 Days Until Next Presidential Election
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
AMCAS has a contracted obligation to the schools to provide this service and the agreement was begrudgingly pushed to July 10th. I wrote about this issue early in this crisis and my concerns that AMCAS would be unable to fulfill their obligation to students. However, they have made the decision that potential lawsuits from the medical schools were much more of a threat than potential lawsuits from applicants as force majeure (unforeseen circumstance) would protect them.

scimusicgirl

2+ Year Member
Nov 16, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
My university is not an ePDF sender, but we were allowed to email PDFs of our transcripts just for this cycle. In case they decide not to push back the transmission date (they most likely won't), maybe ask your school's registrar to contact AMCAS and see if this is an option?

I wish AMCAS did the same thing TMDSAS is doing this year, which is to transmit data to schools without transcripts and then request transcripts from all students on Aug 1.

About the Ads