AMCAS didn't send my MCAT scores to Columbia

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by quaileggs, Sep 13, 2001.

1. quaileggs

quaileggs Senior Member

I recieved an e-mail from Columbia today informing me that they have started reviewing my application but they do not have my MCAT scores! I recall a day back in April-April 21 to be exact- when I released my MCAT scores to Columbia. April-Sept---a mere 5 months. Yet another AMCAS screw-up. And of course I can't reach them now since they are on their Thurs. siesta. :mad: (At least I have my OSU interview to keep me warm)

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DrSuga

DrSuga Senior Member

i dont think its an AMCAS screw up specifically, since Columbia is non-amcas...it is an error on the part of the AAMC. unfortunately, i think this is one problem we can't blame on amcas..

4. E'01

E'01 1K Member

Medical Student
    same thing happened to me. I had to send in $10 for a score release even though i did it at the time of the april MCAT

5. sng33

sng33 Senior Member

Same exact thing happened to me. I designated Columbia as one of my non-amcas schools, and I got word from Columbia about two weeks ago that they never recieved it. I was then instructed to send an unofficial copy of my MCAT scores, which I did. Needless to say it is a bit perturbing the fact that I submitted money for this purpose.....

6. nochaser

nochaser Senior Member

Make copies of everything, write a letter to AAMC and attach the copies, and DEMAND a refund! It may not be a lot of $$$ involved, but the principle of the matter is worth a lot more.

7. quaileggs

quaileggs Senior Member

Dr. Suga, thanks for setting me straight on the AMCAS/AAMC matter. My brain has become scrambled with all of these A's M's and C's. But isn't AMCAS some evil division of AAMC in some way? Anyway, AAMC is also on my s**t list because they STILL owe me a refund for charging me for 2 more MCAT practice tests than I ordered (back in March!!!!)
    Is is crummy to hear that the same situation happened to others here regarding Columbia/MCAT score release. Why do we bother to designate those non-AMCAS if they are just going to ignore them?