Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

AMCAS does it again!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by goldie, Oct 20, 2001.

1. goldie

goldie Senior Member

After sending paper AMCAS applications to many medical schools, interviewing at some of them, and feeling like everything is okay, AMCAS finds another way to foul everything up. I think.

So I was "verified" the other day, whatever that means, and I noticed something alarming. I had spent a junior year abroad, and received letter grades for the classes I took there. My undergraduate college did not include these in my GPA, and neither did AMCAS prior to "verification". Well, guess what? The geniuses decided to include them, resulting in a discrepancy between what I thought was my GPA (which it is, according to standard practice) and my new, "verfied" GPA.

So I will be making dozens of phone calls, spending yet more money because of AMCAS screw-ups.

Ugh.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Mystique

Mystique The Procrastinator

Resident [Any Field]
    goldie,

That bites! I'm sorry to hear about the GPA mixup. Instead of using your long-distance service, buy a pre-paid calling card from Sam's or Wal-Mart. I bought a five hundred minute one for $20 just to use for med apps and AMCAS. I think this year is probably AMCAS's worst in history!

:)