AMCAS does it again!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

goldie

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
After sending paper AMCAS applications to many medical schools, interviewing at some of them, and feeling like everything is okay, AMCAS finds another way to foul everything up. I think.

So I was "verified" the other day, whatever that means, and I noticed something alarming. I had spent a junior year abroad, and received letter grades for the classes I took there. My undergraduate college did not include these in my GPA, and neither did AMCAS prior to "verification". Well, guess what? The geniuses decided to include them, resulting in a discrepancy between what I thought was my GPA (which it is, according to standard practice) and my new, "verfied" GPA.

So I will be making dozens of phone calls, spending yet more money because of AMCAS screw-ups.

Ugh.

Members don't see this ad.

goldie,

That bites! I'm sorry to hear about the GPA mixup. Instead of using your long-distance service, buy a pre-paid calling card from Sam's or Wal-Mart. I bought a five hundred minute one for $20 just to use for med apps and AMCAS. I think this year is probably AMCAS's worst in history!

:)