AMCAS EC Character limit?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sach

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
When listing AMCAS experiences, is there a limit to how much you can write/enter in one slot?

Members don't see this ad.

When listing AMCAS experiences, is there a limit to how much you can write/enter in one slot?

"Use the space provided to explain why you want to go to medical school. The available space for your response is 5300 characters, or approximately one full page. You will receive an error message if you exceed the available space."

:luck:

"Use the space provided to explain why you want to go to medical school. The available space for your response is 5300 characters, or approximately one full page. You will receive an error message if you exceed the available space."

:luck:

I think the OP was asking about that part where you have 15 slots to list your activites and ECs.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think the OP was asking about that part where you have 15 slots to list your activites and ECs.

I think each activity is limited to 1350 characters (including spaces and punctuation).